BEND, Ore. (KTVZ) — The Central Oregon Association of REALTORS® (COAR) is accepting applications from Central Oregon nonprofits through September 16 for COAR Charitable Giving.
The criteria for applying are:
Applicant must be a 501(c)3
· Priority will be given to small organizations that meet the basic needs of the community, such as food, shelter, clothing and medical services.
· Political organizations/campaigns, religious activities, sports teams or individual activities are not eligible (religious organizations are eligible for community service programs).
· Funds must be used for programs and not for events or marketing.
· Programs must take place in Crook, Deschutes, Jefferson, Harney or Wheeler counties.
· A letter of recommendation from a COAR member.
COAR’s Charitable Giving Committee will review applications and present checks to selected nonprofits in October.
In 2021, COAR donated $40,000 in funds ranging from $500 to $2,500 to the following nonprofits: BEAT Children’s Theatre, Big Brothers Big Sisters of Central Oregon, Care & Share Community Outreach, CASA of Central Oregon , Central Oregon Veterans Ranch, Clear Deuil, Council on Aging of Central Oregon, DAWNS House, Family Kitchen, Fences for Fido, Friends of the Children Central Oregon, Furnish Hope, Heartwarmers, High Desert Food & Farm Alliance, Hunger Prevention Coalition, Latino Community Association, MountainStar, Prineville Kiwanis Foundation, Ronald McDonald House, Saving Grace, Shepherd’s House Ministries. SMART Reading, St. Vincent DePaul of Crook County and The Giving Plate.
For more information and online application, visit this link https://bit.ly/3BGELeb or the COAR website at http://www.coar.com/about/community-involvement. Please contact Shannon Lamp Wilcox at COAR with any questions at [email protected] or 541-382-602