🔆 Quick glance
- Market Overview: Trend Sensex 30 PE, Macro Markers & Market Movers
- Links we like: 5 great reads on markets and money
- Capitalmind Show: Kya Lagta Hai Bazaar on Youtube
Market Overview 🎯
Shree Cement, which is leaving the Nifty index, zoomed around 16% this week on speculation of a price hike amid the closure of a few mining sites.
BPCL rose 5% after having a bad year with a stock correction of 31%. Bajaj Auto recorded a correction of 4.6% following the deterioration of the title by CLSA.
Crude is down 3% this week and is down 7% for the month as a whole. The world is holding its breath at the changing energy situation in Europe.
Nifty had a strong week rising 1.7%, containing its rise to an all-time high. Silver was up 4% and gold finished almost flat for the week.
The Sensex PE ratio, relative to the long-term range, indicates that the Sensex 30 is at an attractive level to buy.
(Get this newsletter in your inbox every week. If you read this on the website, click here to subscribe to the newsletter)
The links we love 📝
- Complexity works best when variables are well defined. While dealing with uncertainty, it’s best to keep things simple. Lily – A data point can beat Big Data
- How to make up for lost time by leaving late? Can you do better than just “save as much as you can”? Lily – How to get more time
- How intuition and imagination can help you better understand qualitative investing. Lily – Where do the ideas come from?
- Pandemic > war > recession > economic boom. Are we living through a repeat of the 1920s? Lily – Pandemic, recession, Roaring Twenties… Repetition?
- The interaction of inflation and interest rates in the United States over the past 4 decades is summarized here. Lily – Interest rate vs. inflation
Kya Lagta Hai Bazaar🎙
We do a weekly show with Deepak Shenoy where we talk about markets, finance and investing. A candid conversation to wrap up the week and a chance to interact with all of you. Join us every Friday at 4 p.m. on YouTube.
Listen to the latest episode. And don’t forget to leave a comment!